• Mix the ingredients together well in a bowl Season to taste.
• Divide into 4 and shape into burgers.
• Cook in a pre-heated grill or barbecue for 4 - 6 minutes
Serve in a bun with onion rings
an ideal relish to accompany hamburgers or to top baked
1 small apple
300ml(half pint) water
10ml(2tsp) English mustard
• Chop the onion, medium fine, and slice the mushrooms
• Fry gently in the oil for 3-4 minutes
• Peel, core and grate the apple.
• Add the apple and the rest of the ingredients.
• Cook on a medium heat for 10-15minutes, until thickened.
the kebab is a variation of the hamburger which is found
in many countries. Served in a split pitta bread it is very convenient
and ideal for Bonfire Night.
2 lbs minced lamb
2 medium sized onions
2 teaspoons ginger paste
3 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp garam masala
• Chop the onions coarsely.
• Grind together onions, ginger, garlic, cumin and white pepper.
• Add to the minced lamb.
• Mix in the eggs and salt.
• Shape into 2 inch long sausages, put onto skewers.
• Cook in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
At this stage you can store the kebabs in foil for use the next
Grill or barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes till heated throughout.
There are many variations of kebab. This
recipe will give a spicy Eastern flavour, great for cold nights.
You could also substitute thyme, rosemary and oregano for the ginger
and cumin, to get a Mediterranean flavour, or experiment with your
own blend of herbs and spices.