Globalfest International Fireworks Competition 2018
Name: Globalfest International Fireworks Festival 2018
Reason: International Fireworks Competition/Festival
Location: Elliston Park, Calgary, Canada
Dates: 16th – 25th August 2018
Prices: $20 (Check the website for up to date pricing details)
The Calgary Fireworks Festival dates back to 2001, After searching painstakingly for a venue suitable enough to accommodate a large firework competition safely with enough space for a large number of spectators, it’s never looked back.
Get your 2018 GlobalFest tickets at all @firstcalgary, @chinookfinancial & Legacy Financial branches & locations now! General Admission – first 4 nights – $10 General Admission – Finale – $20 GlobalPass (all 5 nights) – $45 Prices do not include GST or online fees where applicable. Free admission for children 5 and under. All ticket sales final. No refunds or exchanges. These prices are available until May 26. For more festival information, visit www.globalfest.ca. Trico Homes International Fireworks Festival & Sunbelt Rentals OneWorld Festival Thursday, August 16 – Ukraine Saturday, August 18 – Spain Tuesday, August 21 – Philippines Thursday, August 23 – China Saturday, August 25 – Finale #yyc #yycfestivals #globalfest #fireworks #summer2018 Photo cred: J&J Lawrence Photography – Nathalie Terekhova
The festival today:
The festival today is a mixture of cultural arts and a firework festival, annually Globalfest attracts visitors in the tens of thousands, drawn by the cultural pavilions (This year, 2018 there will be more than 20 at the event), a selection of delicacies from the Caribbean, Vietnam and Indonesia as well as a sample of the local treats.
As well as the food there is also heritage dress, live music and cultural music to be enjoyed throughout the event, so there is sure to be something for everyone’s taste and last but not least Fireworks! An intrinsic part of the event s proceedings.
Below you will find details of the teams firing as well as the dates of their displays:
- 16th August – Ukraine – Dance of Fire
- 18th August – Spain – Pyrotecnia Zaragozana
- 21st August – Philippines – Blue Peacock Fireworks
- 23rd August – China – Changsha Meitia Fireworks
- 25th August – Mexico – Sirius Pyrotechnics
An appointed Jury has been selected to judge the displays and will be scoring based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality of the firework display.
- The artistic concept’s originality: the choice of music and staging.
- Richness and brilliance of colours used.
- That at least 25% of the music included is native to the country hosting the competition.
- The precision of the music, sound effects, and fireworks; The displays overall Synchronization.
- Team’s use of a compulsory piece of music: “Gustav Holst – The Planets – Mars, the Bringer of War.”
- The entire scope of the work.
The Event doors open from 6 pm.
Please note: Admission to the event closes after 9.15 pm so please ensure you are there with time to spare before the fireworks begin!
Have you purchased your GlobalFest Tickets yet? Act fast and take advantage of our LIMITED TIME OFFER to receive an explosive price! https://t.co/2Ffi6cwoGM #GlobalFest2018 #fireworkfestivalyyc #calgaryevents #yycsummer #yyc #yycevents #yycfestival #yycfireworks #yyctickets pic.twitter.com/YiqlLa60Yi
— GlobalFest (@GlobalFest) May 22, 2018